Updated October 1, 2020
Welcome! Here are some quick answers regarding the reopening of our school for Fall 2020:
- Marymount currently has JK-6th grade students on campus for in-person learning. Our waiver application for grades 1st-6th to return to campus was approved by the Santa Barbara County Health Department and California Department of Public Health as of 9/11/2020.
- Because the County Health Tier has moved from purple to red, 7-8th Grade students will attend on-campus orientations on October 6th and October 8th, with the expectation that they may resume in-person on Tuesday, October 13th.
- All students who choose to stay in remote learning may do so for the 2020-21 school year.
- Per the State of California's most recent https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/mandates, and the updated 9/22/20 CDPH Guidelines for the reopening of schools, all school reopening guidelines for health and safety have been updated. Please see the Student-Family Handbook for more information.
Quick facts safely reopening our school for remote or in-person/on-campus instruction:
- 11.5 acres to host up to a max of 235 students on campus at the same time
- 28 indoor classrooms with newly added classroom air-filtration systems
- 20+ outdoor classroom spaces for all grade level cohorts to use daily
- 3 new “flex-faculty” have been hired to support teachers in the classroom
- School Nurse on campus every day
- Full time cleaning Staff on campus daily/Evening Cleaning Crew every night Monday-Friday
- All JK-8th grade students have received and been assigned the appropriate 1:1 technology devices to work at home or school
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Science and Spanish along with the Kaleidoscope and SEL Signature Programs for all JK-8th grade students in addition to core curricular programs
- All Middle School students participate in the following new extension courses along with Middle School Success Seminar:
- Creative, Performing & Visual Arts
- Leadership & Service
- Physical Fitness and Student Wellness
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- 3 outdoor hard surface play spaces
- 2 large outdoor soft-surface play spaces
- Outdoor swimming pool for safe return to individual and small group physical education
- All students have a dress code but uniforms are no longer required
Class/Cohorts... Teacher to Student Ratios 1:6 JK / 1:9 K /. 1:10-13 2-5th grade / 1:16max (MS)
- Junior Kindergarten | 12 students per “in-person” cohort
- K-1st | 9 students per “in-person” cohort
- 2nd-4th Grade | 10-13 students per “in-person” cohort
- 5th-8th Grade | 12-16 students per “in-person” cohort
- Marymount Faculty and Staff are primarily working on campus while teaching in the MVP|Plan C Remote Learning Platform, and observing all mandated protocols for the safe reopening of schools.
Marymount has limited availability for enrollment for the 2020-21 school year. If you are interested in applying to Marymount for 2020-21 admissions, please contact Molly Seguel at email@example.com for more information.