Updated September 14, 2020
Welcome! Here are some quick answers regarding the reopening of our school for Fall 2020:
- Marymount's waiver application for grades 1st-6th to return to campus was approved by the Santa Barbara County Health Department and California Department of Public Health as of 9/11/2020.
- The Marymount campus is ready for reopening for in-person learning for all students while also servicing families who may choose to stay in remote learning.
- Per the State of California's most recent https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/mandates, and the updated 8/3/20 CDPH Guidelines for the reopening of schools, the following plans have been updated or remain in place as we reopened school on 8/24/20;
- Marymount Junior Kindergarten for 3 & 4-year-olds and Marymount Kindergarten is open for in-person learning for all JK/K students. Marymount maintains the current CDSS child care license to be open as an essential business, meeting all required state guidelines.
- Marymount grades 1st-8th began in the MVP|Plan C for remote learning on August 24th.
- 1st-6th grades will transition from MVP|Plan C remote learning platform to the MVP|Plan A in-person learning platform during the weeks of September 21st-October 1st.
- 7th-8th grades will transition to the MVP|Plan A learning platform (in the remote format) until the County is removed from the COVID-19 watchlist.
Quick facts safely reopening our school for remote or in-person/on-campus instruction:
- 5 acres to host up to a max of 235 students on campus at the same time
- 28 indoor classrooms with newly added classroom air-filtration systems
- 20+ outdoor classroom spaces for all grade level cohorts to use daily
- 3 new “flex-faculty” have been hired to support teachers in the classroom
- School Nurse on campus every day
- Full time cleaning Staff on campus daily/Evening Cleaning Crew every night Monday-Friday
- All JK-8th grade students have received and been assigned the appropriate 1:1 technology devices to work at home or school
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Science and Spanish along with the Kaleidoscope and SEL Signature Programs for all JK-8th grade students in addition to core curricular programs
- All Middle School students participate in the following new extension courses along with Middle School Success Seminar:
- Creative, Performing & Visual Arts
- Leadership & Service
- Physical Fitness and Student Wellness
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- 3 outdoor hard surface play spaces
- 2 large outdoor soft-surface play spaces
- Outdoor swimming pool for safe return to individual and small group physical education
- All students have a dress code but uniforms are no longer required
Class/Cohorts... Teacher to Student Ratios 1:6 JK / 1:9 K /. 1:10-13 2-5th grade / 1:16max (MS)
- Junior Kindergarten | 12 students per “in-person” cohort
- K-1st | 9 students per “in-person” cohort
- 2nd-4th Grade | 10-13 students per “in-person” cohort
- 5th-8th Grade | 12-16 students per “in-person” cohort
- Marymount Faculty and Staff are primarily working on campus while teaching in the MVP|Plan C Remote Learning Platform, and observing all mandated protocols for safe reopening of schools.
Marymount has limited availability for enrollment for the 2020-21 school year. If you are interested in applying to Marymount for 2020-21 admissions, please contact Molly Seguel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.