Updated February 1, 2021
- Marymount currently has JK through 8th grade students on campus for in-person learning with our MVP | Remote Learning plans also available.
- Our waiver application for grades 1st-6th to return to campus was approved by the Santa Barbara County Health Department and California Department of Public Health as of 9/11/2020. Grades 7th and 8th returned to campus on 10/13/20.
- All students who choose to stay in remote learning may do so for the 2020-21 school year.
- Per the State of California's most recent https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/mandates, and the updated 9/22/20 CDPH Guidelines for the reopening of schools, all school reopening guidelines for health and safety have been updated. Please see the Student-Family Handbook for more information.
Quick facts safely reopening our school for remote or in-person/on-campus instruction:
- 11.5 acres to host up to a max of 235 students on campus at the same time
- 28 indoor classrooms with newly added classroom air-filtration systems
- 20+ outdoor classroom spaces for all grade level cohorts to use daily
- “Flex-faculty” have been hired to support teachers in the classroom
- School Nurse on campus every day
- Full time cleaning staff on campus daily/evening cleaning crew every night Monday-Friday
- All JK-8th grade students have received and been assigned the appropriate 1:1 technology devices to work at home or school
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Science and Spanish along with the Kaleidoscope and SEL Signature Programs for all JK-8th grade students in addition to core curricular programs
- All Middle School students participate in the following new extension courses along with Middle School Success Seminar:
- Creative, Performing & Visual Arts
- Leadership & Service
- Physical Fitness and Student Wellness
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- 3 outdoor hard surface play spaces
- 2 large outdoor soft-surface play spaces
- Outdoor swimming pool for safe return to individual and small group physical education
- All students have a dress code but uniforms are no longer required
Class/Cohorts... Teacher to Student Ratios 1:6 JK / 1:9 K /. 1:10-13 2-5th grade / 1:16max (MS)
- Junior Kindergarten | 12 students per “in-person” cohort
- K-1st | 9 students per “in-person” cohort
- 2nd-4th Grade | 10-13 students per “in-person” cohort
- 5th-8th Grade | 12-16 students per “in-person” cohort
All Marymount employees receive the COVID-19 PCR Test. Employees will be tested every 60 days in compliance with the CDPH guidelines.
Marymount continues to have limited availability for enrollment for the current school year. If you are interested in applying to Marymount for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact Molly Seguel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.